Nearly 100 ICE Detainees in Los Fresnos, Texas Have Tested Positive For COVID-19 (UPDATED)

Update August 5, 2020: ICE reported 22 positive COVID-19 cases among detainees at the El Valle Detention Facility in Raymondville. 21 of those detainees were under isolation or monitoring. At the Port Isabel Detention Center in Los Fresnos, the agency reported 130 positive detainee cases. 23 of those detainees were under isolation or monitoring.

Update August 4, 2020: ICE reported 130 positive COVID-19 cases among detainees inside the Port Isabel Detention Center in Los Fresnos, Texas. 25 of those detainees were under isolation or monitoring. At the El Valle Detention Facility in Raymondville, ICE reported 16 total positive detainee cases. 15 of those detainees were under isolation or monitoring.

Steven, a 35-year-old pastor from Uganda, is still in ICE detention. According to Steven, his health is worsening, and in addition to inadequate treatment for his diabetes causing him to lose his vision in one eye, he is now at risk of losing his kidneys. The pastor reported that the detainee population at the facility is likely less than 300 and that number of guards outweighs those detained at the facility.

Over the weekend, Steven spoke of a second wave of COVID-19 that has placed at least two dormitories under quarantine. The latest report from Witness at the Border documenting ICE Air’s chartered deportation flights indicated that deportations and transfers between facilities have remained steady despite the risk posed by COVID-19.

“In the midst of the global pandemic, ICE Air continues to initiate and facilitate the seeding, spreading, and exporting of COVID within the U.S. we of 200 detention centers and to other countries through a total of 2,808 likely ICE Air flights, including 1,760 domestic flights, and 536 deportation flights to 15 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean,” wrote Witness’s flight tracking team.

Organizers since March have documented deportation flights contracted with the airline broker Classic Air Charters. Those flights are then subcontracted to World Atlantic (Caribbean Sun) and Swift Air (iAero Airways). “July deportation flights of 82 were at the highest level since when March deportation flights were 91. July was over the prior 3-month average of 59 by 40%. There were two more flight days in July, but that only accounts for about 10 percentage points of the increase,” the report stated.

“In addition to the concern over spreading COVID, we are perplexed by the relative inelasticity of the change in ICE Air flight volume with the change in the level of the detainee population. The detainee population is down 44% from the average for January/February to July, as a result of the tourniquet at the border and continuing deportations. However, during that same time, total likely ICE Air flights are down only 10%, with deportations down 12% and interestingly, domestic flights down only 9%.”

. . .

Update July 30, 2020: ICE’s latest positive COVID-19 case count among detainees at the Port Isabel Detention Center, last updated on Wednesday, indicated 129 total cases. 28 detainees were under isolation or monitoring. At the El Valle Detention Facility in Raymondville, ICE reported 11 positive cases and 11 detainees under isolation or monitoring.

. . .

Update July 28, 2020: ICE reported 128 total positive COVID-19 cases among detainees at PIDC. 30 of those detainees were under isolation or monitoring.

. . .

Update July 27, 2020: According to the latest update from ICE, 126 detainees inside the Port Isabel Detention Center in Los Fresnos, Texas have tested positive for COVID-19. 31 of those detainees were under isolation or monitoring. At the El Valle Detention Facility in Raymondville, Texas, eight detainees tested positive and were under isolation or monitoring.

. . .

Update July 24, 2020: 120 total detainees have tested positive for COVID-19 inside PIDC, according to the latest update from ICE. 26 of those detainees were under isolation or monitoring.

ICE responded to inquiries regarding detainees with serious symptoms, as well as rumors that detainees would be transferred from the El Valle Detention Facility in Raymondville to PIDC, reporting no detainees inside the facility on oxygen and no merit to the transfer rumors.

. . .

Update July 22, 2020: ICE confirmed that 101 detainees inside PIDC have tested positive for COVID-19. According to the agency, 9 of those individuals were under isolation or monitoring.

Pastor Steven reported from detention on Wednesday that tests confirmed he likely already recovered from COVID-19, reducing his white blood cell count to dangerously low levels. He explained, “The doctors say I have no immunity at all, so I can’t fight any simple infection, which puts me at risk of losing my life with any infection or disease.”

Steven expressed fear of a second wave of the virus entering the facility. A petition for review of his asylum case is pending at the Board of Immigration Appeals.

. . .

Just under 100 detainees inside the Port Isabel Detention Center in Los Fresnos, Texas have tested positive for COVID-19. The latest numbers published by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, updated on Sunday, showed 97 detainees with positive results but only 12 detainees under isolation or monitoring.

ICE has not reported any confirmed employee cases at either PIDC or the El Valle Detention facility in Raymondville, where a total of four detainees have tested positive and are currently under isolation or monitoring. Numbers released by Cameron County Public Health on Monday indicated that at PIDC, only 78 detainees had tested positive. ICE directed inquiries regarding the discrepancy to Cameron County Public Health. A spokesperson for the county suggested the number may be lower due to the reporting channels lagging behind, as the county is facing a spike in cases, but did not confirm who was reporting the numbers to county officials. Cameron County Public Health has not responded to multiple inquiries requesting to speak with officials about how the totals are collected and reported from PIDC.

The county’s latest report stated that 12 employees at the Port Isabel Service Processing Center had tested positive for the virus. ICE does not count or report positive cases among its contract detention facility staff, suggesting that employees working at the facility through a subsidiary of Ahtna, Inc., an Alaska Native Regional Corporation and one of at least two private companies tasked with operating the facility, have tested positive. Ahtna did not respond to an inquiry regarding the reported positives at PIDC. The company confirmed late last month that an employee who worked at the facility passed away on June 25, but declined to confirm that the case was COVID-19 related. A post by a current San Benito, Texas city commissioner suggested that the employee’s death had been included in the Cameron County COVID-19 report that week. Another firm, Chenega Facilities Management, LLC said on June 29 that all of its staff at PIDC are maintenance personnel. Asked this week whether any employees have tested positive, the company’s general manager Scott Wallace confirmed that no Chenega employees had tested positive. Management and Training Corporation, which ICE confirmed holds the contract for El Valle, did not respond to an inquiry requesting information on whether any detention facility staff have tested positive.

As reported by the McAllen Monitor last week, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) began investigating the Ahtna employee’s death on June 26. An unofficial report confirming the investigation is available on OSHA’s website. The investigation type is listed as FAT/CAT, which stands for Fatality/Catastrophe, and under the “Safety/Health” category lists the incident as “Health”. The “Related Activity” category is marked “Accident”.

On Monday, the husband of a detainee at El Valle who wished to remain anonymous reported that his wife and others had allegedly initiated a hunger strike. Asked to confirm, ICE stated there was no ongoing hunger strike at El Valle. “They just started it today. They moved some ladies that were at [El Valle] a couple weeks with the ones that have been there for months, and one of the [women] they just moved there tested positive,” said the man.

Advocates last week were trying to determine whether mass testing had been implemented at PIDC in response to the outbreak. Norma Herrera of RGV Equal Voice Network said on Thursday that two dorms of detainees indicated that staff was administering tests. Another detainee in a second dorm told Herrera his area still had not been tested.

Advocates this week picked up a young man from Kenya who was released from the facility on bond. “He confirmed that there’s lots of testing going on at PIDC and told me that he asked to be tested two weeks ago because there were so many sick people in his dorm,” wrote one of the advocates. “He came out negative, then tested again two days ago, when he knew he was going to be released. He said no one wants to go to medical because of so many sick people there and that he has seen people in his dorm really, really sick, on oxygen.”

Steven, a 35-year-old Ugandan pastor fighting worsening diabetes, is still in detention at PIDC and is under a final order of removal despite a strong asylum case on appeal and extreme risk of serious illness or death if he becomes infected with COVID-19. He confirmed last week that ICE began testing at PIDC. “One dorm or housing unit is already done. We are waiting for the remaining three,” said Steven.

There are four pods and sixteen dormitories inside PIDC, according to advocates who prior to the pandemic made welfare visits to the facility and are in regular contact with detainees. Steven’s petition for review at the Fifth Circuit is pending. There is also a motion to reopen at the BIA and motion for stay, and BIA has ruled on neither one. According to one of his attorneys, the BIA recently denied a motion for a stay of Steven’s deportation because it was no longer considered “imminent” — meaning there was no flight scheduled. ICE has filed a motion to dismiss Tendo’s federal habeas case, for which one of his attorneys is working on a response. He is pending removal to Uganda, where an official in touch with his team of three attorneys confirmed that he’ll be kidnapped and murdered before he makes it out of the airport in his home country.

Steven survived multiple torture sessions at the hands of Ugandan officials for participating in activism supporting political prisoners, as well as his involvement in voting rights advocacy. According to Steven’s attorneys, his case for asylum was denied by the same immigration judge that granted one of his supporters asylum. Steven presented legally a U.S. port of entry in December 2018 and has been detained inside PIDC since. Prior to his detention, he was able to control his diabetes through proper diet, medication, and exercise, all of which have been denied to him while at PIDC, according to Steven, his attorneys, and federal court documents. Steven’s initial habeas petition was denied by U.S. District Judge Rolando Olvera, Jr. in early June based on a document ICE’s counsel allegedly submitted only partially, making it appear Steven had used false documents to leave Uganda. Steven’s attorney Cathy Potter said the missing 12 pages of the investigation initiated by the Department of State showed that a magistrate judge in Uganda verified that the pastor had fled using valid documents.

In late June, Steven said in a phone call that detainees in his dormitory had been without soap for four days. They were provided with packets of shampoo, said Steven. He spoke of each dormitory having only four to five toilets, eight sinks, and not enough showers. Staff comes at 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. with cleaning supplies each day, meaning that the toilet bowls are sitting open in a dormitory packed with detainees for the majority of the day. “It’s really, really traumatizing,” he said of his prolonged detention.

Asked what ICE tells detainees when they voice concerns, Tendo said, “They threaten. Every time they threaten —if you do anything stupid we will deport you to the respective county.”

He spoke of discrimination against detainees from African countries, a point that has also been made by local advocates who have observed through welfare visits that those detainees often spend years in detention after seeking asylum legally. As for Steven’s asylum case, he said the immigration judge didn’t give him “any sound reason” as to why the case was denied. “I think that there are a lot of anxieties when it comes to immigrants lately. Immigrants are dying in detention centers. When we try to raise our voices, they retaliate with force and raids and punishment and add more pain than what we are already experiencing. These people in Brownsville should know that yes, we are next to them, but there is a lot of pain in ICE detention. We live in suffocation. There is a lot happening inside this prison that has been hidden from the public or has been downplayed by the department. The situation is worse. There’s a lot of abuses of human rights. Some of them are physical tortures where we try to see a doctor, and they tell you you can visit in two or three months — it’s because of your skin color or where you are coming from,” he said.

On Wednesday, Steven said that his dorm had been tested and would be receiving results on Monday. As guards explained to him, the detainees would be moved to new areas after results came in. Advocates heard from other detainees that those who test positive would stay at Port Isabel, while detainees that test negative would be transferred to another facility. This is unconfirmed. Asked what happens when detainees test positive, Steven answered, “Some of them are moved from the dorms and put in the infirmary or isolated. Then, after 14 days of quarantine, they take you back to another dorm where people who have recovered are being checked.”

On July 8, advocates heard from a detainee who called crying from Alexandria, Louisiana — the site of a large ICE staging facility — after he had allegedly been tested at PIDC without being given a reason. The detainee said he was transported to the new facility after. “That’s sort of known as the last stop before deportation,” said the advocate.

Last week, Steven suggested the likely possibility of much higher case numbers than what ICE is confirming on its website. “There are people I know who have been under quarantine for the month of June,” he said, addressing rumors that some detainees’ symptoms were so severe they had been given oxygen. Those reports are unconfirmed. Asked to confirm detainee testing on July 10, ICE responded, “Detainees are being tested for COVID-19 in line with CDC guidance. In some cases, medical staff at ICE detention facilities are collecting specimens from ICE detainees for processing at a commercial or public health lab. In other cases, including when a detainee requires a higher level of care, they are sent to a local hospital and may be tested at the discretion of the treating provider at the hospital.”

ICE was also asked to confirm reports of seriously ill detainees, responding, “On July 4, a detainee housed at the Port Isabel Detention Center was taken to a local hospital after he was experiencing respiratory issues. As is standard procedure, the detainee has been tested for COVID-19 and those results are pending. Consistent with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) protocol, ICE makes referrals to community-based medical providers, as appropriate.”

On Monday, ICE confirmed that two detainees at PIDC had been hospitalized since the outbreak began. “To date, only two detainees from the Port Isabel Detention Center (PIDC) have been hospitalized due to COVID-19,” the agency wrote.

In the meantime, advocates have been able to facilitate the release of several detainees with the help of RAICES and other local organizing coalitions. Advocates in the first week of July expressed concern over a detainee who is a cancer patient who tested positive. “They’ve apparently put him in isolation — it doesn’t sound like he’s with other people at all,” wrote the advocate who spoke with the man.

On July 5, the detainee wrote to advocates, “Viera mire que hoy me trajeron unas exámenes y me salieron positivos al corona virus Viera que lo mal que me ciento ya me pasaron a otro cuarto bien pequeño y es de vidrio no se puede mover uno viera lo mal que me ciento” (“Today they brought me some tests and I tested positive for the coronavirus. I have already been transferred to another very small room, it is made of glass, you cannot move.”)

The man told advocates the same day, “Viera me duele todo me siento bien mal” (“Everything hurts, I feel bad.”)

According to those in touch with the man, he presented at the border last fall with his pregnant wife. She crossed and had her baby in the United States, but officials detained the man at PIDC. Later, he learned he had kidney cancer. He has never met his baby. On July 6, the detainee wrote back, offering prayers to the advocate. “Buenos días esperó que este bien que mi Dios la aparte de todo este sufrimiento viera lo feo que es este virus paso con mucho dolor dé cabeza y cuerpo le oro mucho a mi Señor por usted y su familia para que los cuidé,” he said.

Pastor Steven last week said many of the guards still working at the facility have expressed some solidarity with the detainees, as they’re forced to report to a facility in which there are dozens of confirmed cases. “They feel the pain that we are feeling and most of them feel they are being discriminated against, that they aren’t being valued,” he said. “Now, us detainees are deathly depressed. It’s really painful. The people in my situation are unhappy. The morale is really, really low today.”

Steven said he has been able to exercise more, which he thinks will help get his diabetes back under control. Although there is always real fear of retaliation, he remains determined to speak about his situation. “I cannot cower and hide in my blanket, because life is much more important than anything else. I am fighting for my life and I’m not trying to do anything wrong. I’m speaking from what I know and what I have heard from others. I’ve been doing much more exercising to fight my depression, fight this condition. It’s about balance,” he said.

According to Steven, soap is provided periodically. As of last week, detainees had masks, but most had been washing and reusing masks for the past month. “I’d like people to know that it’s the most threatening and the most scary right now. Why won’t we be released? Why do they incarcerate us indefinitely?” asked Steven.

Norma Herrera confirmed on Thursday that detainees have told her soap is limited. She explained, “They have these small packets that they have to make last the whole day. That includes bathing, hand washing, and cleaning their own masks. They’re still saying it’s not enough soap to last for all of those needs,” she said. Herrera added that the masks detainees are currently given must be washed daily.

The advocate heard from an employee who works in PIDC’s kitchen, who two weeks ago was preparing 300 plates at mealtime, indicating an even lower detainee population from the 500 to 600 reported last month. As for whether the testing at the facility is universal, reports remain unconfirmed. “I don’t know if the testing that’s going on is universal testing,” she said. “I can think of at least once case where a person detained said no on in his room has been tested.”

Protocol at PIDC appears to be evolving. Attorney Carlos Moctezuma Garcia on Friday said he visited a client at PIDC the week before and saw all guards wearing masks. This stood in contrast to several months back, when it appeared the policy was not being enforced, he explained. “My client was wearing the mask. After that, I had a final hearing for one of my clients. The judge was not present in the courtroom; I had to see them over television. The interpreter was with the judge and the prosecutor was over the phone. My client wasn’t seated at the table next to me, but she was seated at a bench close to me, and she was not six feet away from me. She was coming from El Valle. There were also a couple of guards and they were both wearing masks,” he said.

Though the immigration court has facilitated remote telephone access for attorneys, remote video is not available, which Garcia said made him feel obligated to attend the hearing in person despite the risk. “I didn’t feel safe. I felt that the guards were doing everything that they could do, but I didn’t feel safe being there. I felt uncomfortable, but I felt I had to be there for my client, because that’s where I was going to best represent her. She’s in the detention center as well,” he said. “I don’t know if either I’m too close to her that she might get sick from me or that I might get sick from her, because we definitely were not six feet apart. It’s an emotional time. They’re in a hearing over whether a person is going to stay detained, be deported, or be released. It’s difficult for any human being to sit there and either not cry or not take off their mask if they’re going to sneeze — anything like that. It’s difficult and it puts people at risk.”

Garcia raised concern that at PIDC, he is unable to speak with his clients over the phone for adequate periods of time. He said, “Another thing that’s concerning is that at certain detention centers, we have access to clients over the phone. At El Valle, I can do a visitation with one of my clients over the phone. I just submit the visitation sheet and instead of having to go visit my client in person, I can talk to them. I can do this once a day if I need to. But, at PIDC, if I try to do that, all they can do is give my client a message. They will not set up a phone or a system for them to contact me. And if my client does contact me, they have to pay for the phone calls. Those phone calls are quite expensive. I’m not able to spend 30 to 45 minutes talking to a client on a dedicated phone so that I can feel comfortable that we’re understanding each other.”

The process also forces attorneys to visit the center in person, he said, amplifying the risk for both the community and detainees. Though detainees appear to all have masks, they’re still confined in tight spaces. “I don’t think there’s enough room for them to socially distance or isolate themselves, or follow CDC guidelines. It’s just impossible if the person is detained,” said Garcia.

Attorney Cathy Potter also confirmed that court proceedings have been challenging. The attorney said she was moved with her client to the judge’s courtroom after initially being kept separate. Technical difficulties forced the move, and Potter said she and her client were not six feet apart. Ultimately, the hearing did not proceed because the court was unable to find a translator. The case is pending. “We were six feet apart from the judge. The judge also wasn’t wearing a mask,” she said.

As for whether facility staff is following CDC guidelines and ICE’s published COVID-19 guidance, Potter said conditions appear to have improved beginning the last week of June — just as reports surfaced that the Ahtna employee had passed away. “Insofar as I can determine, the last time a deportation officer actually went into the pod of the dorm was when the cases started to explode,” she said. “They went in to answer the questions of the detainees, who of course were panicking. I believe two or three went in, garbed up, and basically if a detainee said anything, asked questions, it was —shut up, shut your mouth. This was before the last week in June,” she said, noting that Tendo was recently served papers from the visitation room, through the glass, with the officer shoving the papers underneath the door.

According to the attorney, detainees are still being shuffled around between detention centers, which is impacting facility staff in turn. She emphasized, “They’re the ones who aren’t being given proper equipment, PPE, or cleaning stuff. They’re on the front line and they’re getting sick. From what I can determine, many of them are working from home.”

Over the weekend, advocates were forwarded a message sent by a detainee from Guinea alleging that guards had stripped him naked before placing him in what ICE refers to as “disciplinary segregation” — similar to solitary confinement — before turning the air conditioner up for 24 hours. He wrote, “Vraiment maman, moi aussi j’étais très inquiet comment m’échapper avec eux là-bas par ce que il m’ont maltraité me déshabiller comme je suis né et me faire rencontré dans une chambre à l’intérieur il n’y avait pas de lit ni la douche et augmenté le volume de climatiseurs pour me torturé pendant 24 heure par la grâce du seigneur j’ai été sauvé dans leur main.” (“Yes, me too, I was very worried how I could escape them down there, because they mistreated me; they stripped me naked (“like I was born”) and left me in an interior room (meaning no windows) where there was no light or shower, and increased the air conditioning to torture me for 24 hours… by the grace of the Lord, I was saved from their hands.”)

According to the man’s attorney, he allegedly told ICE he was going to commit suicide if deported. “They moved him into a small, windowless room, took all his clothes away, and cranked the air conditioning down as low as it would go,” she alleged.

Asked on Monday whether there’s any policy requiring ICE to strip search detainees before placing them in disciplinary segregation, ICE responded that the agency “has no policy requiring officers to strip search a detainee prior to being placed in restrictive housing.”

. . .

On June 30, members of Angry Tias and Abuelas of the Rio Grande Valley published a letter written by a young man detained inside PIDC regarding the treatment of asylum seekers in ICE custody. He is a husband and father and had been detained for over eight months:


I am writing to let you know that the US is now regrettably the world’s leading country in terms of cruelty on migrants, in violation of both domestic and international laws to protect refugees.

It is true that many migrant advocates attest to the fact that ICE is an agency that should not be existing in the 21st century, because of gross human rights violations, but I want to let you know that what they are doing to migrants is equivalent to torture.

If what ICE and DHS as a whole is doing to us refugees was happening in another country, the US would have been the first to criticize, but here they are leading the world in human torture.

The US is supposed to be an example to the world but they are acting in gross violation of the constitutional rights of refugees, including protection from cruel and inhumane treatment, by exposing us to the coronavirus.

The conditions in the detention center here can only be described as horrific and heartbreaking. Our dorm has been on quarantine since June 9, 2020, because of the coronavirus outbreak among detainees, and we keep having new cases. The officers only attend to us from outside the dorm, entering occasionally for counts, like a farmer counts his sheep ready for slaughter, thereby leaving us to wallow with the virus.

We are refugees and not criminals, but ICE in their zeal for evil has jailed us, exposed us to the coronavirus and SYSTEMATICALLY STRIPPED US OF OUR DIGNITY, HUMANITY, IDENTITY, AND OUR INDIVIDUALITY.

Even Iran released about 85,000 prisoners because of the coronavirus pandemic, yet ICE prefers to use taxpayers money to subject innocent asylum seekers to cruel and inhumane treatment, thinking that hurting the less privileged is a form of pride, and will help alleviate their own insecurities.

If you are a taxpayer in the US, I want you to know that you are participating in the torture of humans against international laws, because ICE is using your hard earned money to fund the confinement, physical restraint and exposure of refugees to the coronavirus.

Must of us regret the pains and injustice that humans were subjected to by the Nazis and the slave masters, but this is an epitome of cruelty on refugees by ICE in the 21st century.


The world is facing the coronavirus pandemic with no vaccine or cure, but ICE which is unable to handle common outbreaks like the measles, in its numerous torture centers throughout the country, is refusing to release migrants who wish to be with their family and sponsors, while they continue with their immigration proceedings. Some detainees are loosing their love ones at home, without the opportunity to say goodbye in their last moments on earth, because they are in ICE captivity.

ICE detention of asylum seekers under horrific conditions even in the midst of the coronavirus, after a reasonable finding that we do not pose threat to safety or risk of flight, violates the “Due Process Clause” because no specific justification exist that outweighs our constitutionally protected interest in avoiding physical restraint.

I suggest that a “writ of habeas corpus” should be filed with the federal district court which has jurisdiction over Port Isabel Detention Center, in order to challenge our detention, because it is unconstitutional and motivated by hatred.

There is no room for meanness, cruelty on the innocent or narrow mindedness by those in authority, if we are to win the war against this global pandemic called coronavirus.

ICE should know that they themselves are not exempted from the coronavirus, since some of their employees have been infected too. On Friday June 26, 2020 a Security Officer in Port Isabel died of the coronavirus, and only God knows the number of detainees who have been infected by the officers and ICE.  ICE would have been happy if the virus was infecting only detainees, but thank God the virus does not discriminate.

It should be noted that as the virus continues to spread in Port Isabel Detention Center, It would spill over to the local community. This will further strain the limited resources of the local hospitals, thereby endangering the lives of local residents.

Thus US citizens and residents need to fight for the release of innocent asylum seekers from this illegal captivity, because their hard  earned money is used to fund ICE, and the cruelty of ICE will lead to a major uncontrollable coronavirus outbreak in the local community.

It is therefore recommended that ICE release all detainees in their confinement, because punishing us and using taxpayers money to pay for all the expenditures is not in the public interest. Most of us have been found to have a credible fear of persecution or torture in our home countries, and thus a high probability of getting a relief under US and international law, thus it is needless to keep us in bondage at the expense of the local population.

Otherwise ICE can announce to the entire world that the US is no longer a part of international treaty to protect human rights, as they are subjecting refugees to CRUEL AND INHUMANE TREATMENT.  ICE is now doing what Australia did to asylum seekers at their offshore torture center in Manus Island.

The United State is still struggling to make restitution for slavery and decades of racial injustice against their own population, yet ICE is working very hard to torture migrants, cruel treatments they will need to apologize for someday.

As you read this, know that words can never fully express the pains we refugees are going through, in addition to being exposed to the coronavirus by our captors, ICE.  We are humans and we need to be with our love ones during this pandemic, but ICE is acting against the principle of sanctity of human life.

You can make a difference by sharing this message as much as you can, and doing whatever you can to stop this evil perpetuated on innocent refugees.